ABOUT CURTIS MERRIWEATHER
Dr. Curtis A. Merriweather, Jr. is an accomplished advisor, management scholar, senior executive, and thought leader with more than twenty-seven (27) years of experience within the defense and information technology industries. Dr. Curtis has broad expertise in advisory, finance, entrepreneurship, information technology, real estate, and strategy.
Dr. Curtis has a Ph.D. in Management from Case Western Reserve University. He has a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), a Master’s of Science in Project Management from the Citadel, and is a certified Technical Project Manager (TPM). Dr. Curtis also has a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering from the University of South Carolina (USC). While working for SPAWAR/NAVWAR, Dr. Curtis obtained his Systems Planning, Research, Development, and Engineering (SPRDE) Level III and Program Management Level II certifications from the Defense Acquisition University (DAU). Dr. Curtis is a Doctor of Management Nonprofit Management Fellow and Design & Innovation Management Fellow.
Dr. Curtis also serves on the Board of Governors at the College of Charleston. Dr. Curtis frequently also serves as a guest lecturer at colleges and universities due to his passion for entrepreneurship & innovation.
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Dr. Curtis was named an entrepreneurial Game Changer by the White House Policy Advisor for Entrepreneurship and Innovation in 2020. Dr. Curtis is also certified in Technology Commercialization through Rutgers University.
- 2004: Recruited to work for Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center (SPAWAR) from the University of South Carolina-Columbia.
- 2004: Moved to Wescott Plantation.
- 2004 - Present: Attends church in N. Charleston, SC.
- October 2004 & May 2006: Children born in N. Charleston at Trident Hospital.
- 2006: Purchased first home in the region.
- 2008 - 2011: Attended the Citadel and obtained MBA.
- 2011: Launched business in N. Charleston.
- 2013: Late spouse diagnosed with breast cancer at MUSC.
- November 2014: Memorial service for late spouse held at Truth and Fellowship in N. Charleston.
- 2018: Attended the Citadel and obtained M.S. in Project Management.
- 2018: Board of Governors, College of Charleston.
Dr. Curtis A. Merriweather Jr. is an accomplished Senior Executive, Advisor, Thought Leader, and Board Member with 27+ years of success across defense and information technology (IT) industries. His broad areas of expertise include capture management, corporate strategy, cyber-security, entrepreneurship, information technology, innovation management, and strategy.
Building a Better North Charleston
Our mission is to build a flourishing city you are proud to call home. To achieve our goal, our administration will focus on key initiatives surrounding business economics, crime/safety, education, food insecurity, and housing to address the hierarchy of city needs. Through collaboration, innovation, and dedicated leadership, we aim to create a community ecosystem where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive, where businesses can flourish, and where residents feel safe and proud to call North Charleston home. Together, we will build a brighter tomorrow.